Active Ingredient: Clonixin, Pargeverine
Dosage: 125 mg / 10 mg
Route of Administration: Oral
Dosage Form: Tablets
Quantity per package: 20
Availability: Out of stock
Firac Plus is used to treat pain and spasm of smooth muscle.
This product is currently out of stock but you can order an alternative to Firac Plus here.
This medication is effective in the treatment of the following diseases:
- esophagus painful spastic syndrome, pyloric, intestinal or colon, and irritable colon;
- renal colic, ureteral and bladder spasm, cystitis, cystopyelitis, kidney or ureteral stones;
- functional dysmenorrhoea, premenstrual tension, spasm of the tubes, adnexal processes painful and spastic pains in the puerperium.
Dosage and administration
Take one to two tablets orally, every 6 to 8 hours. The low cumulative power of the drug allows wide dosage flexibility, being able to raise those doses depending on the intensity of pain and medical criteria.
- Hypersensitivity to the components of the formula;
- Active peptic ulcer;
- Gastrointestinal bleeding;
- Pyloric stenosis;
- Prostatic hypertrophy;
In rare cases, Firac Plus causes nausea, dizziness and drowsiness, they are mild and transient. The use of the drug in high doses can cause dry mouth or constipation.
The cases of overdoses with Firac Plus has not been reported. Lysine clonixinate has an oral LD50 of 739 mg / kg in rats and 594 mg / kg in mice, resulting in a high safety index (LD50 / ED50) of 25.95. Pargeverin hydrochloride has an oral LD50 of 640 mg / kg in rats. The association of lysine clonixinate with pargeverine hydrochloride show an oral LD50 of 488 mg / kg in mice.
Since lysine clonixinate does not alter coagulation, there is no interaction with anticoagulant medications and no dose adjustments are required. The concomitant use of anticholinergic drugs should be avoided because of the possibility that they increase their atropine effects.