Active Ingredient: Levocarnitine
Dosage: 500 mg
Route of Administration: Oral
Dosage Form: Tablets
Quantity per package: 60
Availability: Out of stock
Lipovitasi-D (Levocarnitine) belongs to a diet supplement. It is used to prevent and treat low blood levels of carnitine. It assists the body to use certain chemicals (long-chain fatty acids) to produce energy and to keep you in good health. Low blood levels of carnitine may be diagnosed in people whose bodies cannot properly utilize carnitine from their diets, severe renal disease. Too low carnitine rates can become a cause of liver, heart, and muscle problems.
Lipovitasi-D is unavailable at the moment but you can find other effective diet supplements on this page.
Lipovitasi-D is an assistant in the treatment of levocarnitine deficiencies:
- Hepatic: Hepatic impairment, hepatic steatosis, liver cirrhosis, toxic hepatitis, hyperammonaemia, hepatotoxicity induced by antiepileptic drugs (eg, valproic acid, polytherapy);
- Metabolic: Lipid myopathies, endogenous obesity, diabetes mellitus / insulin resistance, diabetic polyneuropathy, hyperlipidemias, chronic fatigue syndrome, hyperthyroidism;
- Cardiovascular: Ischemic heart disease, peripheral vascular disease, cardiomyopathy, myocardial post-infarction;
- Renal: Patients undergoing dialysis treatment;
- Respiratory: Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD);
- Other conditions: Healthy people who begin to practice sports and athletes with high physical performance, carnitine deficiency by a vegetarian diet, male infertility due to reduced sperm motility and all those physiological and pathological conditions that lead to a primary or secondary carnitine deficiency.
Signs and symptoms that suspect a carnitine deficit are muscle fatigue, muscle pain with poor exercise, cramps, hypotonia, lethargy, anorexia, hypoglycemia, decreased school and intellectual physical performance, irritability, recurrent infections, liver involvement (hepatomegaly and impaired liver function tests) and cardiac dysfunction.
Dosage and administration
The tablets are taken orally.
The therapeutic dose range of Lipovitasi-D is between 2 and 6 grams every 24 hours, so it is recommended to start the treatment by chewing or taking 2 tablets with a little water every 12 hours and depending on the clinical response The patient can increase the dose to a maximum of 3 tablets every 6 hours for as long as necessary. In order to facilitate the maximum absorption of levocarnitine, it is recommended to take the tablets 1 hour before eating the food.
General dose: The average dose is 2 to 4 grams daily (4 to 8 tablets) with a maximum of 6 grams every 24 hours (10 tablets). It is recommended not to administer more than 2 grams (4 tablets) per dose, in any case, the total daily dose can be divided into 2, 3 or 4 doses (every 6, 8 and 12 hours).
In all cases, the tablets can be chewed or taken with a little water. To favor the absorption of the drug, it is recommended to take it 1 hour before food.
- Diabetes, diabetic neuropathy, COPD, ischemic heart disease and pre-infarction prevention: 1 or 2 tablets every 8 hours;
- Cardiomyopathy, hyperlipidemias, male infertility, chronic renal failure/dialysis and hyperthyroidism: 2 tablets every 12 hours;
- Hepatic impairment: 2 tablets every 8 hours;
- Hepatic encephalopathy due to cirrhosis and / or hepatotoxic drugs: 4 tablets every 12 hours;
- Peripheral vascular disease: 2 to 4 tablets every 8 hours;
- High-performance athletes: 2 tablets every 12 hours.
The duration of treatment will be based on the improvement of clinical parameters and laboratory tests.
Hypersensitivity to levocarnitine.
Hypersensitive people can experience nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain and diarrhea. All these symptoms are mild and disappear quickly.
Since the LD50 of levocarnitine in experimental mice is 19.2 g / kg and the acute toxicity is presented with doses greater than 500 mg/kg, it is not easy to reach a state of intoxication by product administration. Therefore, to date the management of overdose is unknown. If an overdose occurs, it is recommended to cause vomiting, perform gastric lavage and control vital signs.
Avoid taking Lipovitasi-D with coumarin drugs.