Active Ingredient: Chlormadinone, Mestranol
Dosage: 2 mg / 80 mcg
Route of Administration: Oral
Dosage Form: Tablets
Quantity per package: 20
Availability: Out of stock
Lutoral-E (chlormadinone + mestranol) is a medication used to treat menstrual disorders, dysfunctional uterine bleeding, dysmenorrhea and endometriosis
This product is currently out of stock but you can order other women’s health products online.
This drug is indicated in the treatment of menstrual disorders (amenorrhea, polymenorrhea, oligomenorrhea, opsomenorrea, polymenorrhea, hypermenorrhea, hypomenorrhea), dysmenorrhea, dysfunctional uterine bleeding and endometriosis.
It is also used to prevent pregnancy.
Dosage and administration
- All menstrual disorders (except hemorrhagic metropathies): one tablet daily from the 5th to the 24th day of the period for 3 cycles. If for any reason you forgot to take a tablet, it should be administered within 24 hours of the next day.
- Hemorrhagic metropathies: take one tablet every 6 hours until the hemostasis is achieved, continue with a daily tablet for 20 days. Subsequently, start 3 treatment cycles by administering a tablet daily from the 5th to the 24th day of the period.
- Postponed menstruation: three tablets a day from one week before the date on which the period is expected, for as long as you wish to defer it.
- Endometriosis: three tablets per day (1 every 8 hours) continuously for 6 months.
- In case of transhormonal hemorrhage, the dose should be increased.
These birth control pills should not be used when any of the following conditions exist: pregnancy, lupus erythematosus, thrombophlebitis, thromboembolic disease or history, aggravation or history thereof, cerebrovascular disease, ischemic heart disease or history thereof, impaired functioning or liver disease, liver tumors, a history of cholestatic jaundice of pregnancy or jaundice due to the use of oral contraceptives, breast cancer or cancer of the genital organs, abnormal undiagnosed vaginal bleeding, hypersensitivity to chlormadinone acetate or the other ingredients.
In some cases, Lutoral-E tablets can cause acne, alopecia, anaphylactic reactions, secretion, breast turgor, galactorrhea, decreased lactation when administered immediately after postpartum, change in menstrual flow, changes in erosion and cervical secretion, vaginal candidiasis, change in weight (increase or low), hepatic adenomas and carcinoma of the liver, cholestatic jaundice, edema, hirsutism, mental depression, pruritus, rash, melasma, cerebral thromboembolic, mesenteric and retinal phenomena, changes in corneal curvature, intolerance to contact lenses, thrombophlebitis, embolism pulmonary, myocardial infarction, hives, decreased carbohydrate tolerance, risk of cardiovascular side effects attributable to smoking history and old age.
The most common adverse effects are dizziness, nausea, vomiting and gastrointestinal symptoms such as abdominal pain, headache, nervousness, anxiety due to estrogen.
No serious effects have been reported after the intake of high doses of Lutoral-E in children and young people. Overdose can cause nausea and suppression of bleeding.
Chlormadinone acetate and mestranol may alter the effectiveness of other types of medications such as anticonvulsants, antihypertensive agents (for example guanethidine), beta-blockers, barbiturates, ampicillin, griseofulvin, hypoglycemic agents, oral anticoagulants, theophylline, tranquilizers, antidepressants, vitamins, and antiepileptics.