Active Ingredient: Prednisolone
Dosage: 5 ml
Route of Administration: Ocular
Dosage Form: Suspension
Quantity per package: 1 unit
Availability: Out of stock
Prednefrin SF eye drops are indicated for the treatment of inflammation, which responds to steroids, the palpebral conjunctiva, bulbar, as well as in the cornea and the anterior segment of the eye. It is a glucocorticosteroid. This medication is unavailable currently. Search by category to get another treatment option.
- chronic allergic blepharoconjunctivitis;
- keratitis (with a completely intact corneal epithelium);
- scleritis, episcleritis, uveitis of the anterior eye segment;
- conditions after blunt and acute eye injuries;
- postoperative period (with prolonged symptoms of eyeball irritation).
Dosage and administration
Daily recommended dosage is 1-2 drops 2-4 times are put into the conjunctival sac. In order to reduce inflammatory symptoms after eyeball injuries, the drug is put 1 time a day. The duration of treatment is determined by the doctor.
Prednefrin SF is contraindicated in the following cases:
- keratitis caused by Herpes zoster (treelike keratitis), chickenpox and other viral diseases of the cornea and conjunctiva;
- mycobacterial infections of the eyes;
- fungal diseases of the eyes;
- acute purulent eye diseases;
- corneal epithelium;
- increased intraocular pressure;
- hypersensitivity to any of the drug components.
After application, a rapidly passing burning sensation may occur. With prolonged use, an increase in intraocular pressure is possible (therefore, when using drugs containing glucocorticosteroids, intraocular pressure should be regularly measured for more than 10 days). With continued use for more than 3 months, a posterior capsular cataract may develop.
Local side effects may occur. If allergic reactions occur, treatment should be withdrawn immediately. There were no signs of general effect with local drug therapy. Accidental or deliberate application of several packages can cause undesirable effects of a general nature. In this case, a doctor’s consultation is required.
Glucocorticosteroids may enhance or weaken the effect of certain drugs. If you are taking other drugs, consult your doctor.