Active Ingredient: Diclofenac
Dosage: 50 g
Route of Administration: Oral
Dosage Form: Tablets
Quantity per package: 15
Voveran is an anti-inflammatory non-steroid drug. It is used to treat swelling and pain associated with trauma. This medication works by obstructing the production of cyclooxygenase.
- Symptomatic treatment of musculoskeletal system diseases (rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis, juvenile chronic arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis; gouty arthritis, rheumatic soft tissue lesions, osteoarthritis of the peripheral joints and spine, including with radicular syndrome, tendonitis;
- Pain syndrome of mild or moderate severity: neuralgia, myalgia, lumboischialgia, post-traumatic pain syndrome accompanied by inflammation, postoperative pain, headache, migraine, algomenorrhea, adnexitis, proctitis, toothache.
Dosage and administration
The dose is selected individually. It is recommended to use the drug in the minimum effective dose, if possible with the shortest possible treatment period.
The tablets are taken orally. The recommended initial dose is 100-150 mg/day. In relatively mild cases of the disease, as well as for long-term therapy, take 75-100 mg/day. The daily dose should be divided into several doses.
- Hypersensitivity to diclofenac and any other components of the drug;
- Complete or incomplete combination of bronchial asthma, recurrent polyposis of the nose and paranasal sinuses and intolerance to acetylsalicylic acid or other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (including a history);
- Erosive and ulcerative changes in the mucous membrane of the stomach or duodenum 12, active gastrointestinal bleeding;
- Inflammatory bowel disease (ulcerative colitis, Crohn’s disease) in the acute phase;
- The period after coronary artery bypass grafting;
- III trimester of pregnancy, breastfeeding period;
- Confirmed chronic heart failure (NYHA functional class II-IV);
- Clinically proven ischemic heart disease;
- Damage to peripheral arteries or cerebrovascular disorders;
- Increased risk of arterial thrombosis and thromboembolism;
- Uncontrolled arterial hypertension;
- Hematopoiesis disorders, hemostasis disorders (including hemophilia);
- Severe liver failure or active liver disease;
- Severe renal failure (creatinine clearance less than 30 ml/min); progressive kidney disease;
- Confirmed hyperkalemia;
- Lactose intolerance, lactase deficiency, glucose-galactose malabsorption (the drug contains lactose);
- Children under 14 years of age.
- Digestive system disorders: abdominal pain, dry mouth, bloating, diarrhea/constipation, nausea, peptic ulcers, jaundice, esophageal lesions, hepatitis, blood in the stool, liver necrosis, cirrhosis, colitis, pancreatitis;
- Nervous system disorders: cephalalgia (headaches), sleep disturbances, anxiety, depression, seizures, drowsiness, aseptic meningitis, nightmares;
- Perceptual disorders: tinnitus, double vision, blurred vision, hearing loss, taste disturbance;
- Skin changes: rash, eczema, alopecia (hair loss), toxic dermatitis, urticaria, pruritus, pinpoint hemorrhages, increased photosensitivity (sun intolerance);
- Genitourinary system disorders: edema, protein in the urine, oliguria (decrease in the amount of urine), blood in the urine, nephritis, kidney failure;
- Hematopoiesis violation: eosinophilia, anemia, leukopenia, thrombocytopenic purpura, agranulocytosis, thrombocytopenia;
- Respiratory disorders: bronchospasm, cough, pneumonitis, laryngeal edema;
- Heart disorders: increased blood pressure, heart failure (congestive), extrasystole, chest pain, heart attack;
- Allergies: swelling of the lips, tongue, vasculitis (vascular inflammation).
Symptoms: vomiting, dizziness, headache, shortness of breath, clouding of consciousness, in children – myoclonic seizures, nausea, abdominal pain, bleeding, impaired liver and kidney function.
Treatment: gastric lavage, the introduction of activated carbon, symptomatic therapy, forced diuresis. Hemodialysis is ineffective.
Avoid taking Voveran tablets with any of the following drugs:
- digoxin, methotrexate, lithium;
- thrombolytic agents;
- antihypertensive agents;
- other NSAIDs;
- glucocorticosteroid drugs;
- acetylsalicylic acid;
- hypoglycemic agents;
- cefamandole, cefoperazone, cefotetan, valproic acid, plicamycin;
- cyclosporine and gold preparations;
- St. John’s wort;
- drugs that cause photosensitization;
- drugs that block tubular secretion.
Use Voveran with caution if you have any of the following conditions: anemia, bronchial asthma, confirmed NYHA functional class I chronic heart failure, arterial hypertension, edematous syndrome, hepatic or renal failure (creatinine clearance 30-60 ml/min), dyslipidemia, hyperlipoproteinemia, diabetes mellitus, smoking, inflammatory bowel diseases, condition after major surgical interventions, induced porphyria, diverticulitis, systemic connective tissue diseases, pregnancy I-II trimester, gastrointestinal ulcer disease, Helicobacter pylori infection, advanced age, prolonged use of NSAIDs, frequent alcohol consumption, severe somatic diseases, seasonal allergic rhinitis, swelling of the nasal mucosa (including nasal polyps), chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, chronic respiratory tract infections (especially associated with allergic rhinitis-like symptoms), allergies to other drugs, a significant decrease in circulating blood volume.