Voveran SR (Diclofenac)
Active Ingredient: Diclofenac
Dosage: 100 g
Route of Administration: Oral
Dosage Form: Tablets
Quantity per package: 15
Voveran SR is a sustained-release formulation of Voveran meant for slow and extended release of the active ingredient diclofenac into the bloodstream. It is an anti-inflammatory medicine that is used to treat swelling and pain associated with trauma.
Inflammatory diseases of the joints (rheumatism, chronic dagric arthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis); degenerative diseases (osteochondrosis, deforming osteoarthritis); sciatica; lumbago; myalgia; neuralgia; diseases of extra-articular tissues (bursitis, tendovaginitis, rheumatic lesions of soft tissues); acute attack of gout; post-traumatic pain syndromes that are accompanied by inflammation; postoperative pain; adnexitis; primary dysalgomenorrhea; migraine attacks; hepatic and renal colic; residual pneumonia; ENT organ infections.
Dosage and administration
Voveran SR tablets are taken orally, without chewing, with a little water, during or after meals.
The dose is calculated by a doctor. The recommended dose is 100 mg once a day (for dysmenorrhea and migraine attacks – up to 200 mg/day). The maximum dose is 150 mg per day.
Voveran SR should not be used in case of intolerance of the active or auxiliary substances, allergies to other NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs). The tablets are contraindicated for use in case of exacerbation of stomach or intestine diseases (erosive and ulcerative), bleeding, hematopoiesis disorders, blood clotting disorders (including hemophilia), aspirin asthma. The drug is not intended for use in children.
- Nervous system and sensory organs: headache, dizziness, in-creased fatigue, insomnia, anxiety, nightmares, impaired taste, paresthesia, memory loss, disorientation, irritability, depression, psychotic reactions, anorexia, decreased visual acuity, diplopia, scotoma, hearing loss, tinnitus, convulsions, tremors, aseptic meningitis;
- Cardiovascular system and blood (hematopoiesis, hemostasis): palpitations, chest pain, arrhythmias, increased blood pressure, systemic anaphylactic reactions, including shock, thrombocytopenia, leukopenia, anemia, agranulocytosis, hemolytic anemia;
- Respiratory system: bronchospasm;
- Digestive tract: NSAID-gastropathy (gastralgia, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain, flatulence), erosive and ulcerative lesions of the gastrointestinal tract, gastric or intestinal bleeding, nonspecific colitis, dry mouth, constipation, pancreatitis, aphthous stomatitis, glossitis, increased activity of hepatic trans-aminases, toxic hepatitis, fulminant hepatitis;
- Genitourinary system: nephrotic syndrome (edema). acute renal failure, hematuria, proteinuria, oliguria, interstitial nephritis, papillary necrosis, cystitis, impotence;
- Skin: itching, skin rash (mainly erythematous, urticarial), eczema, photo-sensitization, allergic purpura, exudative erythema multiforme (including Steven-Johnson syndrome), erythroderma, alopecia, toxic epidermal necrolysis (Lyell’s syndrome).
An overdose is manifested by dizziness, clouding of consciousness, vomiting, headache, and respiratory failure. Children may experience abdominal pain, myoclonic seizures, vomiting, bleeding, liver/kidney dysfunction.
In case of overdose, you must stop using this medication and seek medical attention.
Voveran SR increases blood levels of digoxin, lithium, indirect anticoagulants, oral antidiabetic agents, quinolone derivatives. Also, the drug increases the toxicity of cyclosporine, methotrexate, the possibility of side effects of glucocorticoids, the risk of hyperkalemia when taking potassium-sparing diuretics, reduces the effects of diuretics. The content of diclofenac in plasma is de-creased by acetylsalicylic acid.
Voveran SR is used with extreme caution in patients with liver, kidney, gastrointestinal tract diseases in history, dyspeptic symptoms, bronchial asthma, arterial hypertension, heart failure, im-mediately after serious surgical interventions, as well as in elderly patients.
If there is a history of allergic reactions to NSAIDs and sulfites, diclofenac is used only in urgent cases. In the process of treatment, patients need to systematically monitor the liver and kidneys’ functions.
During the treatment period, the consumption of alcohol is not recommended.
The drug may decrease the speed of psychomotor reactions. Be careful when driving or engaging in other potentially hazardous activities.