Active Ingredient: Naproxen, Acetaminophen
Dosage: 300 mg/250 mg
Route of Administration: Oral
Dosage Form: Tablets
Quantity per package: 16 tablets per pack
Proxalin (Naproxen, Acetaminophen) is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) that works by reducing inflammation and pain in the body. The drug is used in arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, tendinitis, bursitis, gout, or menstrual cramps.
Proxalin is out of stock at the moment but you can find a similar product on this page.
- Symptomatic treatment of pain and fever, as a complement to antibiotic therapy in respiratory tract infections;
- Moderate osteomuscular pain, otalgia, headache, postoperative and postpartum pain, in oropharyngeal surgery, dental pain and traumatic pain.
Dosage and administration
Adults: Two tablets as the start of treatment and then one tablet every 6 to 8 hours until control of symptoms is obtained.
- Hypersensitivity to naproxen and / or paracetamol;
- Patients whose acetylsalicylic acid or other non-steroidal analgesic / antipyretic / anti-inflammatory agents have caused asthmatic syndromes, rhinitis or urticaria;
- It should not be used in patients who are treated with oral anticoagulants, hepatic and / or renal insufficiency, granulocytopenia, acute gastritis or duodenal ulcer, anemia and cyanotic conditions.
In rare cases, Proxalin can cause abdominal discomfort, epigastric discomfort, nausea, headache, tinnitus, vertigo and peripheral edema, mild drowsiness, anemia, agranulocytosis, thrombocytopenia, skin rashes, glossitis, neutropenia, pancytopenia, leukopenia, methemoglobinemia, urticaria, vomiting and mucosal lesions.
Symptoms of naproxen overdose are drowsiness, heartburn, indigestion, nausea, vomiting and rarely seizures. Paracetamol in massive doses can cause liver damage in some patients. It is necessary to perform gastric lavage and apply the conventional management of drug intoxication.
Patients who are taking hydantoins should take into account that naproxen binds to plasma proteins, so it is sometimes necessary to adjust the dose. It has been reported that this drug can inhibit the natriuretic effect of furosemide and increase the plasma concentration of lithium. Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory agents may reduce the antihypertensive effect of propranolol and other β-blockers.
Naproxen can significantly increase plasma levels and the half-life of probenecid.
Anti-inflammatory drugs reduce the tubular secretion of methotrexate in animals, probably increasing its toxicity. No interactions between naproxen and anticoagulants or sulfonylureas have been reported.