Solutina F (Pheniramine, Naphazoline)
Active Ingredient: Pheniramine, Naphazoline
Dosage: 3.0 mg/0.25 ml.
Route of Administration: Ocular
Dosage Form: Solution
Quantity per package: 1 unit
Availability: Out of stock
Solutina F eye drops are indicated for symptomatic temporary relief of mild eye irritation, redness and congestion due to external factors, such as dust, pollution, pool water, etc. It is used to treat visual fatigue, blepharitis, conjunctivitis of different etiologies. The drug combines the antihistamine effects of pheniramine with the vasoconstrictive effects of naphazoline. Naphazoline hydrochloride is a sympathomimetic receptor agonist that produces vasoconstriction. Pheniramine maleate is an H receptor antagonist, which produces antihistaminic effects. Currently, this drug is unavailable. Here you can search for similar eye drops.
This drug is used in the treatment of:
- to reduce eye irritation and/or hyperemia;
- allergic and inflammatory eye diseases.
Dosage and administration
This drug is put into the conjunctival sac of each eye. Recommended dosages are 1-2 drops every 3-4 hours. The drug is used until the symptoms disappear completely. It is advisable to use the minimum effective dosages as soon as possible.
This drug is contraindicated in cases when the patient has a pronounced hypersensitivity (allergy) to the main components or one of the excipients.
It is also contraindicated in angle-closure glaucoma.
Be cautious in the following cases:
- severe diseases of CVS;
- bronchial asthma;
- diabetes mellitus.
Naphazoline nitrate has the property of decreasing the activity of antihypertensive drugs and slowing down the absorption of anesthetics. Not applicable in pediatrics until the age of 12.
The drug is usually well tolerated. In the first few minutes after application, mydriasis is noted, which quickly passes.
Side effects may occur in the form of:
- hypersensitivity reactions, including angioedema;
- rash, allergic urticaria, itching;
- dry eyes, burning, reactive hyperemia, swelling of the mucosa;
- depression, loss of consciousness, coma;
- weakness, tremor, nausea, headache, irritability, excessive sweating;
- increased intraocular pressure, hypertension, cardiac arrhythmia, hyperglycemia.
In case of accidental excessive intake of the drug, there may occur:
- increase in blood pressure, tachycardia;
- headache, tremor, irritability;
- cyanosis, nausea, cramps;
- cardiac arrest, pulmonary edema;
- drowsiness, bradycardia, shock, apnea, coma.
Discontinue therapy and consult a doctor for emergency assistance in the case of an overdose.
Use the drug with caution in patients who are treated with MAO inhibitors. In the case of concomitant therapy using the remaining local ophthalmic preparations, an interval of 5-10 minutes between their use should be followed.