Active Ingredient: Simvastatin, Fenofibrate
Dosage: 200 mg/20 mg
Route of Administration: Oral
Dosage Form: Tablets
Quantity per package: 30 tablets per pack
Zofilip is indicated to decrease high triglyceride concentrations, reduce high LDL-C, total cholesterol, triglycerides and apolipoprotein B, and to increase HDL-C, after reasonable attempts to modify the profile of Lipids with diet modification, exercise and lower alcohol consumption have failed. It is also used to reduce the risk of myocardial infarction, thus reducing the risk of mortality. It also reduces the incidence of coronary disease and/or progression of atherosclerosis. Currently, this exact drug is unavailable. You may buy generic of Zofilip – Zocor.
- Cerebral arteriosclerosis.
- Reducing the risk of total and coronary mortality in patients with coronary heart disease.
Dosage and administration
Before and during the course of therapy, a hypo cholesterol diet must be kept. Oral administration. An initial dose is 10 mg once, in the evening.
In the diagnosis of a mild or moderate degree of hypercholesterolemia, the initial dose is 5 mg.
If necessary, the dose is gradually increased at intervals of 4 weeks. In homozygous familial hypercholesterolemia, the daily dose is 40 mg once, in the evening or 80 mg/day (divided into 3 doses – 20 mg in the morning, 20 mg in the afternoon, 40 mg in the evening).
In the diagnosis of coronary heart disease, the initial dose is 20 mg, once, in the evening. If necessary, the dose is gradually increased at intervals of 4 weeks to 80 mg.
- Hypersensitivity (to any of the components of the drug);
- Active liver disease;
- Persistent increase in transaminases in plasma of unclear etiology.
Common side effects caused by Zofilip are:
- muscle cramps;
- peripheral neuropathy;
- skin rash;
- hypersensitivity reaction (urticaria, hypersensitivity, skin sensitivity, shortness of breath, general malaise, angioedema, lupus-like syndrome, polymyalgia rheumatism, vasculitis, arthritis, arthralgia, increased ESR, thrombocytopenia, eosinophilia);
- deviations in laboratory parameters (increased levels of transaminases, alkaline phosphatase, gamma-glutamyltranspeptidase, skeletal muscle phosphate kinase, changes in functional liver tests).
In several known cases of overdose (maximum dose – 450 mg); no specific symptoms or effects were reported. Symptomatic treatment is prescribed.
It moderately potentiates the effect of coumarin anticoagulants. When combined with cyclosporine, itraconazole, ketoconazole, fibric acid derivatives, niacin, erythromycin, clarithromycin, protease inhibitors, nefazodone, the risk of rhabdomyolysis increases. Treatment should be discontinued if myopathy is confirmed or suspected.